Friday, January 6, 2012

so didn't make my deadline

I didn't make my deadline of the New Year.  But I will only take partial blame for this.   My best friend and I have been planning on creating our own abridged D20 system for about a year.  That plan is what started this whole thing.  He has not been available to help.  And as he is also my business partner and I manage his schedule...I can't call bullshit. We have been really busy with work, to the point of in the little free time we have we spend playing Dungeon Defenders on the 360 or sleeping.  ( and getting new couches.)  We want to create a system that won't be  useful to most people.  It will rely on the players holding themselves and each other responsible, instead of being beaten into submission by the rulebook.  Based on the laws of physics and your stat bonuses. I need his role playing experience and Math oriented brain to do this project.  I sat down to try and write it out myself and it was a nightmare.  Thinking about it, I won't really be the one creating the system, he will.  I'll just be leaning over his shoulder pretending to contribute.  Then immediately hijacking it to post here, and then rolling up a bunch of characters.  Then winding up my courage to invite people to come play.  i'm looking forward to it.  Hope everyone has a happy Wintereenmas and New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment